May 29, 2020
As we prepare to open up and start leagues on June 1, 2020, we would like our park-goers to know more about our new guidelines and recommendations that will be put into place due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic. We understand that we might not all share the same views in regards to social distancing, however we are asking that you follow these requests in order for Sports Park Tucson to remain open. We thank you in advance for your continued support and cooperation. Below you will find the recommendations and requests that we are implementing in order to continue play at Sports Park.
Park Update: COVID-19
Sports Park will be open for league play this Monday, June 1st, 2020. We will be taking precautions to insure safe play. We ask that you self-screen and ask that you stay at home if you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19: mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough, and difficulty breathing or other symptoms identified by the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov ) or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Thank you!
Recommended Guidelines for everyone-
- At the bag check area, when you enter the park, each person will need to show all contents in their bag, backpack or purse. Our staff will not be touching customer property but will need to see all items you are bringing in. Please keep your personal contents to the essentials so the process can go quickly.
- All staff, players, umpires and spectators are encouraged to continue social distancing on and off the fields/volleyball courts.
- We recommend staff, players, umpires and spectators bring hand sanitizing products. Avoid touching your face and wash hands frequently.
- Minimize player contact by eliminating team/player handshakes & team/player high fives.
- Spectators should setup chairs and sit 6 feet away from other teams (unless it is a family that resides under the same roof).
- Please use social distancing while in line for food and beverage at concessions and picnic tables. There will be 6ft markers on the floor in the lines for concessions and in the front office area as well. Please make sure and use these markers to insure the 6 ft distancing.
- Only people from the same household will be allowed to be at close range. If you do not reside under the same household the 6ft social distancing rule will be in effect.
- Sneeze/cough into a tissue or elbow.
- Team captains will be asked to help enforce social distancing guidelines.
- Concessions will not be permitted to fill up cups of ice or personal water bottles at this time so please make sure to bring enough water for play.
- No sunflower seeds will be allowed in the park at this time. No spitting will be permitted.
- We discourage the sharing of any food and beverage.
Additional recommendations for softball participants:
- New softballs will remain in the packaging until they are introduced into the game. All players are recommended to use their own equipment while participating. This includes gloves, bats, etc.
- The catcher and umpire will be asked to position themselves during a players at-bat to allow for social distancing.
- We will be implementing force outs with no tagging to avoid contact.
- Softball sanitizing in between innings will also be encouraged (disinfectant spray will be provided for each dugout).
- Disinfectant spray bottles will be provided for each dugout so that players spray dugout areas between games.
- Dugout guidelines:
- If social distancing cannot be accomplished in the dugouts players will need to wear a face-mask. Violation of terms can lead to closing of dugouts.
- Teams entering the dugout shall come from the directions coming from the plate towards the dugout and wait for the other team to entirely vacate the dugout. Teams shall exit towards the outfield to avoid contacting the incoming team.
Additional recommendations for volleyball participants:
- Volleyballs will be disinfected before and after games.
- Teams will need to remain in opposing sides in between games.
- If there is a question during games only one person will be allowed to approach league coordinator on duty and will need to remain 6ft from each other.
- Spectators will need to remain 6 feet from players and other spectators as well.
- Players will need to bring personal towels and use in between games.
- We encourage players to disinfect areas where personal belongings will be placed before and after use. (Disinfecting sprays will be available.)
Please remember that player safety is paramount. No amount of precaution can guarantee a completely sterile environment, so all participants agree to play at their own risk. Updated waivers have been released and all players will need to sign to resume play at Sports Park.
Thank you for your efforts in insuring the safety of everyone. Thank you for you continued support and we look forward in seeing you all soon!
Sports Park Tucson